| Manufacturing Processes and Materials
- Student will develop G-code for computerized numerical control input from manual methods.
- Student will transmit DNC (electronic transfer) code to CNC machines
- 70% of students will be able to identify various stock materials and describe their general properties and composition with 70% or greater success.
- 70% of students will be able to identify various manufacturing processes with 70% or greater success
- 70% of students will be able to describe or explain 3 common manufacturing processes with 70% or greater accuracy
|Introduction to MasterCAM
- Students will evaluate methods of transferring data from CAD/CAM computers to machine tool computers
- Students will create two-dimensional product designs and machine them effectively
|Manual Machining I
- Analyze and calculate machine settings for cutting screw threads.
- Demonstrate the ability to setup a conventional lathe to machine a steel part.
- Set up the lathe to face off and turn down a work piece to a specific diameter
- Students will be able to square a vice to the machine table using a dial indicator
- Students will be able to locate the correct position to drill a hole using an edge finder and digital readout
|Manual Machining II
- Analyze and demonstrate ability to heat-treat alloy steels correctly
- Demonstrate ability to perform basic mill set up and operation.