|Cabling and Wiring Standards
||VOC EST 54
- Students will complete a working video signal-distribution network using coaxial cable.
- Students will demonstrate a working electronic telephone system installation.
- Students will successfully demonstrate information and technology literacy in the VOC EST54 course.
|Electrical Fundamentals for Cable Installations
||VOC EST 50
- Students completing the fourth week of EST50 will demonstrate the ability to interpret the general-purpose and precision resistor color codes.
- In a laboratory setting, students will demonstrate the ability to use multimeters and oscilloscopes to analyze a circuit provided by the instructor.
- Students will successfully demonstrate information and technology literacy in the VOC EST 50 course.
|Fabrication Techniques for Cable Installations
||VOC EST 52
- Students will be able to identify the proper tools and techniques for repairing a hole made in wallboard during the installation of a low-voltage wiring project.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to make parallel offset bends in 1/2-inch electrical metallic tubing (EMT).
- Students will locate information on the web and manage e-mail program.
- Students will design a slide presentation with presentation software