Distance Learning Committee
The Distance Learning Committee (DLC) meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month from 1:05 - 2:35 PM in LTC-6-226A. Co-chairs are Carol Impara (faculty, 909-274-6369) and Romelia Salinas (Dean, Library & Learning Resources, 909-274-5607).
The purpose of the Distance Learning Committee is to discuss, review, and evaluate distance learning modes of instruction, and recommend and promote best practices and new opportunities for distance learning and teaching that foster equitable access and student success.
The Committee's functions are to
- Evaluate and recommend approval of Distance Learning Course Amendment forms.
- Recommend policies and processes pertaining to distance learning.
- Evaluate and promote a variety of effective practices and standards for distance learning that foster student equity and success.
- Support sharing and collaboration among distance learning faculty by working with the Faculty Center for Learning Technology, Information Technology, Faculty Professional Development Council, and the Faculty Learning Activities Committee.
- Facilitate the development of an ongoing Distance Learning Plan.
- Coordinate with campus committees and other constituencies with regards to distance learning.
- Support accreditation processes.